Care for conditions related to your feet, ankles, and lower limbs
What Is Podiatry?
Podiatry is the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the foot and ankle. A podiatrist is an allied healthcare professional who focuses on the care of feet, ankles and lower limbs. At Modern Medicine, we provide podiatry care for adults and children in the Ballarat region.
Hanseul is a fully qualified podiatrist with a Bachelor of Health Science/Masters of Podiatric Practice and has over 7 years of clinical experience.
Hanseul is passionate about helping patients achieve healthy feet in every aspect from orthotics, foot pain to general care. She ensures patients reach their goals through a holistic care approach.
Hanseul regards making life-long relationships with patients and their families as one of the major enjoyments of the job.
How Does Podiatry Work?
Podiatrists focus on this specific area to best help people with anything foot related including:
- Routine nail care
- Footwear and orthotics
- Any foot pain or injury
- Running or walking injury
- Achilles tendon issues or pain
- Fungal nails, ingrown toenails and any other toenail pathology
- Dermatological issues of the feet: tinea, hyperhydration, anhidrosis, psoriasis and many others
- Plantar heel pain (also known as plantar fasciitis)
- Fractures, neuromas and bunions
- Diabetes foot health: completion of comprehensive neurovascular assessments, chronic and acute wound care and offloading of pressure areas
- Pediatric issues and complaints: experience in local kindergartens providing foot health screenings and shoe lacing education sessions. Experience in treating common pediatric issues ranging from curling toes, verrucas, heel pain or more commonly known as sever’s disease, general foot pains, flat feet, in-toeing, and providing education for parents on footwear and addressing any concerns
What Techniques Are Utilised?
Our podiatrist will thoroughly assess your issue and develop a personalised treatment plan specific to your needs with a holistic approach. Depending on your concerns, goals, and health background, this may include:
- Footwear and orthotics advice and provision
- Treatment during your appointment
- Exercise prescription and lifestyle advice
- Childhood foot health screenings and shoe lacing education sessions
- Comprehensive neurovascular assessments, chronic and acute wound care, and offloading of pressure areas
How Podiatry Care Could Help You
Visiting an experienced podiatrist has many benefits, including:
- Reduce pain: A podiatrist can help reduce the pain you are experiencing in your feet.
- Improve mobility: If you have trouble walking due to foot pain, a podiatrist can help improve your mobility.
- Increase activity: A podiatrist can help you get back to your normal activities by treating your foot and ankle pain.
- Prevent further injury: Podiatrists can help prevent further damage to your feet by providing treatments and correcting any underlying problems.
- Customised care: Podiatrists can provide personalised care based on your individual needs.
- Diagnosis and advice: Podiatrists can help diagnose problems with your feet and provide advice on how to best care for them. Instead of ‘dealing with the pain’, your podiatrist can help you create a tailored treatment plan to get back to what you love.
- Lifestyle enhancements: Podiatrists can also provide advice on choosing shoes, exercises and other activities to help prevent foot problems.
FEES AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Accepting: CDMs (plans from your GP), TAC, Workcover, NDIS, TAC and HICAPS for private health claiming is available onsite. With the exception of plan-managed NDIS participants, accounts must be paid in full on the day of the appointment and our friendly reception team will prepare the necessary information for you to claim your entitlements.
Chronic Disease Management Plans (CDMs): Medicare will rebate your consultation up to $55.10 for a consultation. We will need paperwork of your CDM prior to your appointment for the rebate to be claimed which we can do for you onsite on the day of your appointment.
NDIS: Self-managed and plan-managed participants. We will be able to accept NDIA managed participants in 2022.
Podiatry Can Help You
Feet and lower limb issues can be highly impactful on your life due to the importance of these body areas in many day-to-day activities. Podiatry can be beneficial to help you find relief and improved functionality and to receive care and education regarding foot health. For quality podiatry care near Ballarat, look no further than Modern Medicine.